A rich source of vitamin C, lemon possess immense health benefits ranging from its antibacterial and antiviral properties to its immune boosting abilities. One of the most common ways to reap the health benefits of lemon is by juicing it. Lemon juice acts as a digestive and a detoxifying agent and helps in cleaning the liver leading to better digestive health.
Packed with all the goodness, make it a point to begin your day with a glass of warm or room temperature lemon water. Its cleansing and healing effects will have positive effects on your health in the long run.
16 Health Benefits Of Drinking Lemon Water
1. Lemon is an excellent and rich source of vitamin C, an essential nutrient that protects the body against immune system deficiencies
2. Lemons contain pectin fiber which is very beneficial for colon health and also serves as a powerful antibacterial
3. It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
Having warm lemon juice early in the morning helps flush out toxins
5. It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
6. It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
7. It helps prevent the growth and multiplication of pathogenic bacteria that cause infections and diseases
8. It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints and knees as it dissolves uric acid
It helps cure the common cold
10. The potassium content in lemon helps nourish brain and nerve cells
11. It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
12. It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief
13. It is of immense benefit to the skin and it prevents the formation of wrinkles and acne
14. It helps maintain the health of the eyes and helps fight against eye problems
15. Aids in the production of digestive juices
16. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts especially after a strenuous workout session
NOTE: It is important to note that lemon juice when comes directly in contact with the teeth, can impact the enamel on the teeth. Hence, it is advised to consume it diluted and also rinse your mouth thoroughly with plain water after drinking lemon juice.