Spicy Black Bean Burrito
By: Carole Woodstock, RHN
Great, tasty, easy-to-make meatless recipe. If you prefer less spicy, just adjust to your taste!
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes 10 burritos – they freeze really well!
• 1red onion, diced
• 4 cloves garlic, chopped
• 2 red bell pepper, diced
• 2cups frozen organic corn
• 1 block of tofu chopped into small squares (optional)
• 4 cups or 1 15 oz can (BPA-free) black beans
• 4 TBS extra virgin olive oil
• 4 tsp chili powder
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• Juice of 1 lime
• 2tbsp Wochestire sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 10 gluten free tortillas (or any other tortilla of your choice)
• Salsa to serve
• Avocado slices to serve
1. Dice onions and chop garlic
2. Saute onions, bell peppers and tofu for 5 minutes in olive oil.
3. Add garlic, black beans, corn, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste, lime juice & wochestire sauce. Mix and simmer for 5-7mins.
4. Wrap 1 large soop of mixture into each tortilla – roll and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
5. Brush each burrito with olive oil and cook for 15-20mins or until golden.
6. Top with salsa, and avocado slices & serve with a green salad.
Makes 10 burritos (freezes really well)!
* You can also serve this mixture on top of greens instead of tortillas.