After you’ve had fun carving your pumpkin, save the seeds and make a healthy snack with the pumpkin seeds.
ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS
• 1cup raw pumpkin seeds
• 1/4tsp extra virgin olive oil
• Sprinkle of chili powder (you can also add paprika & cumin)
• Sprinkle of sea salt & garlic powder
1. Wash the seeds, toss them with the olive oil and mix well. Add your spices & mix again. You can also change up the spices to your taste!
2. Lay them out on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350degrees or until golden. Just watch them so they don’t get too brown.
Carole Woodstock, RHN