NO BAKE NUT-FREE ENERGY BITES
Recipe by: Detoxinista
Amazing for post-recovery snacks!
• 1 1/2cups tightly packed Medjool dates, pitted. (about 15 dates)
• 1/3cup creamy sunflower seed butter or Tahini
• 1/2cup unsweetened coconut flakes
• 1/4tsp fine sea salt
• Extra coconut flakes for rolling (optional)
1. Place the pitted dates in a food processor, then process until they form a sticky ball (if too dry, add 1Tbsp boiling water). Add the other ingredients and process until sticky batter is formed.
2. Scoop the dough and roll them into balls (1Tbsp per ball). Roll the balls in the coconut flakes. Placed on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the freezer for 30mins Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to a month.
3. Makes about 12-15 balls.
GROW YOUR OWN SPROUTS!
Fresh, sprouted seeds are bursting with protein, vitamins and minerals. You can grow them yourself, and they require no advanced gardening skills. All you need is something to sprout them in, a countertop, and water. To learn more and watch a quick video, click here.
You can buy a sprouter and sprouting seeds at most health food stores. It takes only 5 days to grow from transform dry seeds into delicious sprouts. You can add them to salads, soups, sandwiches, stir-fries, pastas and even smoothies. The most common sprouts include broccoli, peas, watercress, mung bean, wheatgrass and alfalfa. Those looking for a little more kick from their sprouts will delight in radish, onion, or garlic.
There are tremendous health benefits from including sprouts in your diet:
• Sprouts are a powerful source of vitamins, minerals antioxidants and enzymes that fight free radicals
• Sprouts are oxygen dense and protect the body against bacteria, virus and abnormal cell growth
• Sprouts alkalize and support cell regeneration